This is a very serious intensive Teachers training course conducted by the Institute. It is recommended, that only those who are very serious about classical Yoga study, should consider applying for this course.
The admission to this course will be made, subsequent to a personal/Online interview with the seeker.
Applicants addicted to smoking, drinking , and /or drugs are not eligible for any Institute programme.
These rules are applicable to both Men / Ladies Hostels.
1) This is an intensive residential course without any holiday. The participants can not go out at all during the 3 months of their stay at the Institute.
2) The fees in total will have to be paid in advance . No refund will be made in case the participant leaves of his/her own accord /or is asked to leave.
3) Attendance to each class as per the timetable is compulsory to complete the courses. The teacher of the class may not allow late entry into the class. During class hours students are not allowed to stay in the hostel except under certain compelling circumstances. Punctuality and regularity in class is important. Irregular attendance, habitual idleness or coming late to the class, will be considered a serious breach of this agreement.
4) Any confinement in the hostel due to sickness/ill health should be reported to the course coordinator. In case of any medical needs a medical doctor appointed by the Institute will come and check on the participant. Subsequent action will be solely guided by the Dr’s opinion. Students falling ill frequently may be asked to return home if serious illness is detected.. In such cases, a request for partial refund, if any, will be at the sole discretion of the management of the Institute.
5) Library facilities are available. A card will be issued on receipt of payment of that course.
6) Mobile Phones & Voice Recorders are not allowed in the class.Use of Cell Phones by the students during class hours (both Theory and Practical) is strictly forbidden.
7) A shared computer is available with Internet connection at the Institute for students use. This can be used to check emails with permission. Using the internet facility during class hours is not allowed. The internet facility is to be used either for academic purposes, and/or being in touch with near and dear ones. At no time this facility should be misused for any undesirable purposes. Timings for internet access will be allocated by the course coordinator.
8) Fans and lights must be switched off when the students leave their rooms. Light must be switched off when they go to bed, or by 10pm which ever is earlier. Room furniture, electrical fittings etc., are required to be maintained in good condition.
9) Residents shall refrain from any act, covert or overt, that may disturb the peace and harmony among the residents and on the campus. Overall conduct and behavior in the Institute premises must adhere to the Yogic standards of “Restraints”
The Institute preaches “Karma Yoga”. The residents may be required to some work/tasks, including upkeep of rooms, surrounding areas etc.
10) Students should lock their rooms properly when they go out for their bath, dining hall etc. Passport and extra valuables including currency should be kept in your own room locker.They will be responsible for their own belongings. The Institute accepts no responsibility for the safe keeping of the students possessions.
11) Students have to keep their rooms, toilets and lobbies of the living areas clean.
12) Accommodation is on a shared basis. Keys and locks provided by the hostel management should be used.
13) Bed linen will be changed once a week unless in emergency. Sheets, pillow cases blankets, mosquito nets are provided Students are expected to bring their own towels please.
14) The room of any student in the hostel can be inspected at any time by the hostel caretaker.
15) Smoking, drinking of alcohol or use of illicit drugs.
16) Students of opposite sexes will not enter each other’s rooms.
17) The students should be decently dressed when they are out of room. Tight body hugging clothes, short tops, revealing clothes, shorts, tank tops, low cut shirts, short T-shirts, night gowns, etc. are forbidden outside the room for both men and women.. Loose salwar kameez, or kurtas, or pants and full tops are acceptable forms of dressing in the Institute. The clothing inside the rooms , needs to account for the fact that hostel stay is on “Room –sharing” basis.
18) The student shall treat the staff and housekeeping staff of the Hostel with due courtesy at all times. Service of the housekeeping staff shall NOT be utilized for private or personal work. No tips in cash or kind should be given to the staff of the Institute.
19) Simple vegetarian non spicy food will be served in the dining hall at the following times: Breakfast 8.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m., Lunch 12.00 noon to 1:00 p.m., Tea and snacks 4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m., Dinner 7.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. Talking in Dining room is not allowed. No outside food is allowed except fruits which can be bought. Apart from the food served in the Institute, fruits –if required – can be purchased outside vendor.
20) Refrigeration facility is there to store medicines and permitted eatables as fruits and salad ingredients only. Cooled and UV filtered drinking water is available at the water stations
1) Students should keep in mind that they are here not merely to study the ancient discipline of Yoga, but also apply the same discipline and lifestyle to themselves in day-to-day activities; therefore students are expected to conduct themselves with restraint, in line with Yogic lifestyle advocated by the Institute.
2) Those students who will be found violating these instructions willfully or whose presence is considered undesirable, for any reason, will be asked to leave immediately by the Course Coordinator without giving any reason or prior notice. . However not withstanding any thing written earlier, the right of rejection/ termination from the course, solely rests with the Institute authorities.