26 Sep Navaratri Special- Raw Banana Khichdi Sattvic Recipe
Navaratri Special- Raw Banana Khichdi Sattvic Recipe
Navaratri festival is a celebration of food, colours and life. It is the festive time of the year again, and idols of Goddess Durga are decorated with bangles, kumkum, flowers, and jewelled attires. Divinity Durga is believed to have nine different embodiments, and each deity or avatar signifies a cosmic power invoked to destroy the evil and liberate the humanity from its suffering. During the nine auspicious days of Navratri, most people give up non-vegetarian food items and also eliminate onion, garlic, root vegetables from their daily meals. Most people observe fast and eat fasting food items.
Try out this quick fasting sattvic recipe that is homely and comforting easy to understand and make even for the beginners. Fasting is not going be boring anymore! A raw banana recipe that perfectly melts in your mouth and pleases your soul.
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
- Raw banana: 1 ½ (boiled, peeled, and grated)
- Jaggery: ½ tsp
- Groundnuts: ¼ cup (roasted and coarsely grounded)
- Cumin seeds: ½ tsp
- Curry leaves: 2-3
- Clove powder: ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder: ¼ tsp
- Ghee (Clarified Butter): 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice: ½ tbsp
- Raisins: 3-4
- Almond slivers: 1 tbsp (For garnish)
- Salt as per taste
Method: Banana Khichdi (Fasting Foods)
- Peel the banana and grate it.
- Heat ghee in a kadai. Add cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds.
- Add curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Now mix groundnuts and jaggery and fry for some time.
- Add black pepper powder and clove powder and mix well.
- Put in the raw grated banana and add salt to taste. Mix well. Remove from flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Let it cook well and stir continuously so that it doesn’t stick to the utensil. Once cooked, take off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, raisins, and almond slivers. Serve hot.
Yummy and delicious “Kele ka khichadi” is ready!
Tip: If using boiled raw banana it can be mashed instead of grating it.