19 Feb Success Mantra- Learn Meditation
God Ganesh …wait maybe…Om Namo Narayanaya…wait…How to do yoga meditation? What mantras? Where? Why? Relax, do not over work your mind. Mindfully follow few simple steps and learn how to do meditation at home.
Beginners guide- Few important pointers to keep in mind
- Choose a suitable time -Meditation is basically relaxation time and so it should be done at your convenience. Ideally, pick a time when you know you are less likely to be disturbed. For regular practice, the hours of sunrise are the best or sunset, while nature transitions. Generally, you will find these times quiet at home; hence you are in better position to relax and enjoy your meditation. Practice daily at about the same time, starting with 15 minutes and gradually increasing to 25-30 minutes or longer.
- Quite corner of your house is ideally suited- Tranquil and soothing surroundings can enhance the meditation experience for a beginner. Room should be clean, neat and well ventilated. You should wear loose and comfortable clothes.
- Relatively empty stomach is recommended – A good time to meditate at home is before having a meal. You can meditate after two to three hours after having food. On a full stomach you have a tendency to doze off.
- A few warm-up stretches or sukshma yoga exercises helps to get the blood circulation going and removes lethargy and restlessness; making your body feel a bit lighter. Also, you will notice that you can sit steadily for a longer time.
- Yoga Posture- Any meditative posture is fine Sukhasana or Padmasana. Ensure you are relaxed, steady and comfortable in that pose. Sit straight with your spine erect; shoulders and neck should be relaxed. Facial muscles should be relaxed and eyes closed.
- Yogendra Pranayam I can be done to equalise the breath or Anulom Vilom or Nadi Shodhana pranayama before you start meditating. This helps to steady the pace of the breath and leads the mind towards peaceful meditative state. Breathing should be rhythmic and non-erratic.
- Gentle Smile on Your Face during meditation makes a difference.
- Mantra chanting Aum or Om is generally recommended because it the sound designated for addressing and connecting with purest consciousness. It is said that this is the ancient or primordial sound that has the capacity to purify the atmosphere and instil mental stillness and positive vibe.
- Lighting incenses or candle is optional and depends on the individual and time of meditation.
- How you end meditation is also important. Do not be in a hurry to open your eyes. Gradually become aware of yourself and your surroundings. Gently open your eyes. Enjoy the meditation benefits.
Simple secret of happiness …just meditate…try out our one day meditation camp and feel the difference. Learn the success mantra of meditation and enjoy the benefits from the comfort of your own home. Enroll today click here.