29 Aug Yoga healing for Arthritis
Yoga healing for Arthritis
Are you suffering from morning stiffness? Do you experience fatigue? Are your knees and joints swollen? Well, these are some of the early symptoms that you may have Arthritis. Nearly 180 million Indians are affected by this condition. ‘Arth’ means joints, and ‘itis’ means inflammation.
Arthritis is a prevalent condition affecting people of all ages, races and one of the leading causes of disability. There are almost more than 100 types of arthritis related conditions identified to date. Probable causes reduced joint efficiency or wear and tear in the cartilages that cushion the joints. It could be because of the extra stress and strain you might be putting on them every day. It might be due to your immune system lapse, and it might be working against you.
Yoga offers a safe and gentle approach to healing arthritis related symptoms and pain. Yoga infuses holistic health by improving muscle strength, balance and joint flexibility. Helps to reduce stress, anxiety and tensions. Ensures adequate sleep and rest.
Yoga asana, pranayama and relaxation techniques are useful healing practices considering the beneficial aspects.
Recommended Yoga healing for Arthritis
Yoga Asanas– Marjarasana or Cat stretch; Veerbhadrasana or Warrior pose; Vrikshasana or Tree pose; Setubandhasana or Bridge pose; Bhujangasana
Pranayamas– Yogendra Pranayama I, II, III and IV
Relaxation techniques – Corpse pose or Shavasana
Apart from this few quick yoga and diet tips that help allay arthritis symptoms-
- Keep joints well covered and warm. Use hot-water bag.
- Take sunlight on your body and back for 10 to 15 mins every day.
- Mobility throughout the day is important. Walking is the best exercise.
- While bathing use warm water.
- Avoid sitting in a chair for long in the same posture.
- Garlic- It contains micro nutrients that assist in preventing arthritis changes of the bones.
- Ginger and long pepper – These help in improving the digestive system and metabolism, hence recommended for especially for the rheumatoid arthritis condition.
- Drum sticks fruit and leaves both are beneficial. They are rich in calcium & vitamin C highly recommended in arthritis condition.
- Bitter gourd – It improves digestion and significant source of Vitamin B1, B2 & B3.
- Drink hot water – It is beneficial in improving the digestive system. Also, imparts lightness and flexibility to the joints.
Yoga for beginners- 7 Day Camp is an experiential introductory course to Yoga theory and practice where one would experience a yogic way of life. It is ideal for anyone who wants to live a yoga way of life and experience peace within. The programme covers Asanas, Pranayamas, Kriyas, Yogic concepts, diet, games, recreation, attitude training, relaxation and meditation. Click here for details.