06 May Yoga & important tips to prevent Hair Loss
Hair hair everywhere? Yes it is a nightmare to deal with excessive hair loss. Multiple researches indicate hair loss and self-image are closely associated. Poor self-image leads to constant anxiety and worry making hair loss situation even worse. Prolong hair loss needs medical consultation right away, but intermittent hair loss related to stress, anxiety, poor diet and lack of exercise can be reversed. Read on to a quick guide to prevent hair loss the natural way using useful Yoga asanas, pranayamas, and diet tips to prevent Hair Loss
Please Note: Consult your doctor in case of excessive hair loss and also perform the asanas under experienced guidance of a certified yoga teacher.
“Prevention is better than cure” is the best way yoga advocates. Yoga asana and pranayama’s help to curtail stress, anxiety and improve cellular oxygen levels and blood circulation these in turn help to prevent hair loss. If done on a regular basis they not only prevent hair loss but also repair hair damage and promote hair health and growth.
Yoga is a safe route to deal with hair loss since it has no side-effects.
Yoga Asanas mainly all the forward bending yoga asanas example- Hastapadasana, Adho Mukha, Sarvangasana help to increase blood flow towards the head and face region. This helps to improve the blood and oxygen supply thereby aiding the stimulation of the nerves in the scalp region. These yoga poses with Yogendra rhythm breathing helps to calm the body and mind. Mainly benefits the switch from sympathetic to parasympathetic nervous system which directly helps to reduce stress levels one of the main reasons for excessive hair fall. Additionally, sarvangasana is very beneficial in regulating the thyroid gland function. Thyroid gland plays a vital role in hair growth.
Low stomach acid results in malabsorption of iron and other essential nutrients (which is necessary for maintaining our hair growth) causing anemia. Relaxing pose such as Vajrasana helps to improve digestion and stress and anxiety levels are reduced. Pavanamuktasana is also a very good functional asana that helps to relieve gas and improve digestion.
Guided Meditation or Yoga Nidra both are very effective techniques to get a rejuvenating peaceful sleep and reduce stress. A good measure to prevent hair loss.
Kapalbhati this technique helps cleanse the toxins from the kapal means entire head or face region promoting clean oxygen supply and reducing free radicals. This helps hair growth.
Pranayamas help to reduce stress and anxiety levels and improves blood circulation throughout the body. Try few simple pranayamas from the comfort of your own home.
Bhastrika Pranayama is an important tool to remove excess phlegm, bile and wind. Keeps the digestive system in shape and helps to purify the blood and nervous system. This yoga exercise helps to trim belly fat and promote hair health. Amazing yoga exercises try at home today.
Anulom Vilom– This pranayama helps to balance out the ‘ida’ and ‘pingala’ nadis. Thus helps to get rid of the free radicals and toxins. Alternate breathing technique is very useful and when done regularly thoroughly cleanses the entire nervous system. Benefits the scalp health, you are relaxed and promotes hair growth. Try this hair loss yoga therapy and Get to all the details -beginners yoga watch the video.
Important Tips to reduce hair loss
- Diet is the key for a lasting hair health. Best is to follow a nutritious balanced satvik diet which includes seasonal fruits, fresh greens leafy vegetables, whole grains, cereals, sprouts, dairy products and proteins.
- Do not wash your hair every day. This strips them of essential nutrients wash at-least twice a week and massage scalp with olive or coconut oil to get rid of dandruff.
- Avoid over use of harsh chemicals and dyes. Hair styling products use as and when required do not overdo it. This leads to dry and brittle hair.
- Silicone, sulfate and alcohols based shampoos and conditioners should be avoided they accelerate hair loss. Read the label carefully.
- Bend forward and do back combing this strengthens the hair roots.
- Run your fingers through your hair and give a gentle tug this aids hair health
- Do not to brush your hair immediately after washing it. Brushing wet hair is one of the biggest reasons for hair fall and breakage.
Thus, try out this yoga therapy to prevent hair loss and experience a sense of confidence. Check out our latest offering one day stress management camp…click here for details