21 Jan 5 things to do get rid of gas and bloating
Super-fast ways to get rid of gas and bloating
Q: Why could the skeleton not fart in front of his friends?
A: He didn’t have the guts.
Well, jokes apart, bloating, gas and constipation aren’t funny at all. Bulging belly, discomfort, irritated bowels, and not to mention the embarrassing scenarios that follow.
Gas formation or release is a natural by-product of your digestive system. Expulsion of excess gas by burping or flatus is normal. Gas pain or cramps might occur if gas gets trapped and is not moving well through the digestive system.
Few common causes and symptoms of gas and bloating
- Straining from start to finish during a bowel movement
- Constipation- passing hard stool that feels like you are passing pebbles
- Not feeling completely vacant after a bowel movement
- Gut sensitivity
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) can be extremely sensitive to gas, which can cause pain, cramping and diarrhoea.
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) Mostly, people who have undergone intestinal surgery or IBS with diarrhoea can cause unnatural gassing and bloating.
- Gynaecological conditions that involve ovaries and uterus may sometimes cause more bloating.
- Insufficient intake of natural fibre and water in the diet
Try some Super-fast ways to get rid of gas and bloating.
- Foods to Avoid- When your belly is swollen or excess gas built-up, avoid foods such as beans, onions, sprouts, dairy, and cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower etc.)
- Carbonated Drinks are big NO-Sparkling water, and carbonated drinks have carbon-dioxide in them, which aggravates gas formation, and your belly swells.
- Avoid Chewing gum-Excess use of chewing gum leads to gulping in more air and causes bloating. Hence avoid chewing gum to lessen the burping.
- Drink ample of Liquids-You should drink at least ten to twelve glasses of liquids every single day. Example intake of lunch should include buttermilk or lemon water; dinner include soups like tomato, spinach etc.
- Take Probiotics– Fresh buttermilk, curds should be part of your daily meals to improve healthy gut bacteria’s propagation. Gut beneficial bacteria’s help the digestion process and reduce gases and constipation.
- Chew your food well – Food when chewed well is mix properly with saliva. Saliva contains digestive enzymes that help the digestion process.
- Exercise– Yoga is an excellent way to take care of your health and gut. Many asanas benefit the digestive system and help in the release of excessive gas built-up. Example- Pavanmukt asana can be done while consuming meals for faster digestion. Watch the video for more details.
- Natural digestives to be consumed– Dry roast these three ingredients from your kitchen and your natural digestive to be eaten post meals is ready in a jiffy.
Homemade quick digestive recipe – Green cardamom (elaichi), cumin (jeera) and fennel (saunf).Mix all seeds well in equal ratio and dry roast on medium flame for few minutes till fragrant. Cool completely. Now store this mixture in an airtight sterilized glass bottle.
- Drink herbal tea– Ginger, Anise, Chamomile and peppermint teas when taken post-meal benefits the digestive system and prevents bulging belly and controls excessive gas formation.
Hope you will try out these super-fast ways to get rid of gas and bloating. Do write to us with your quick recipes to get rid of constipation and gases.