07 Apr Best Yoga Mudras to get Rid of Pimples Naturally at Home
We all should be extremely careful about our health and hygiene. But unfortunately, the most ignored organ is the skin organ, especially the face. We tend to ignore it by not taking proper care of it. Because of this, a disease like acne comes up and one of its painful symptoms is pimples.
Pimples are usually caused due to clogged hair follicles or pores of the skin due to excessive oil, dust, dirt, dead skin, or bacterial infection. There is redness and inflammation. Pimples are not only painful but it also is the cause of low self-esteem and lack of confidence.
Causes for Pimples
- Hormonal changes: During puberty and in mid-life, hormonal changes are at their peak. This causes secretions of oil in the glands which lead to pimples.
- Medicine: The regular administration of medicines that contains lithium, steroids or testosterone causes pimples
- Unhealthy Food habits: eating spicy, oily, and carbohydrate-dominating food affects the skin. Pimples on the face mean your digestive system is compromised.
- Stress: this can be a cause of pimples as during stress one fails to take care of the skin which in turn causes effects adversely.
If pimples are not taken into account immediately then it can cause scarring or hyper-pigmentation.
There are many remedies available right from topical to internal cleansing to cure and prevent acne. Yoga has many techniques to offer that help to detoxify the body and also take care of skin health.
Facial Yoga for Acne or pimples.
Let us first have a look at some of the exercises of the face which help to increase blood circulation which in turn gives healthy skin. Along with addressing pimples and acne, these exercises also remove fine lines and wrinkles.
1. Filling Air in the mouth:
- Inhale through the mouth and inflate the cheeks with air. Hold it for 6 counts
- Now, Shift the air to the right cheek and hold it 6 counts.
- Shift the Air to the left side and hold it for 6 counts.
2. Holding the Air:
- Fill air in the mouth
- With the help of the index finger press the lips to create pressure by holding the breath.
Below is the list of Best Yoga for Pimples and Acne
The whole idea is to improve blood circulation in the facial region to reduce acne problems.
1. Matsyasana: This is one of the best yoga for pimples and it is most effective.
- Sit in padmasana or sukhasana
- Recline back gently and with the help of hands lie down on the mat.
- Now hold both the hands above the head, bending at the elbows.
- Stay in this posture for 30 seconds to 1 min
- Slowly release the posture and come back to the starting position.
2. Bhujangasana: This asana detoxifies the body and smoothens the skin.
- Lie down on the stomach
- Relax your body and place the hands near your chest
- Inhale and lift the upper torso.
- Hold it for 6 counts.
- With exhalation, gently reach back to the starting position.
- Repeat it 3 times.
- Lie down in a supine position on a mat with hands on the sides.
- Inhale and raise both legs. Form a right angle.
- Exhale and lower the legs towards and above the head forming a semi-circular arc. Try the toes to touch the floor.
- Use the hands to support the pelvic when one raises itself.
- Once the toes touch the floor bring the hands to the starting position.
- Try to keep the legs straight.
Pranayama for Acne and pimples: when we consider yoga for facial hygiene, pranayama should be given priority. Below are the top 2 pranayama that works wonders for facial health.
1. Sheetali Pranayama:
- Curl the tongue from the side in the upwards direction.
- Inhale through the mouth and hold it for 6 seconds.
- Exhale through nostrils.
- Repeat it 5 times.
2. Anulom Vilom Pranayama:
- Cover the right nostril with the right thumb.
- Inhale from the left nostril for 2 counts.
- Now cover both nostrils and hold it for 4 counts.
- Remove the right thumb to release the right nostril, keeping the left nostril covered.
- Exhale from the right side for 2 counts.
- Then, Inhale from the right side for 2 counts.
- Cover both the nostrils and hold it for 4 counts.
- Now, keep the right nostril covered and release the left side. Exhale for 2 counts.
- Cover both the nostrils again and hold it for 2 seconds. This completes one single round.
Apart from Asana and pranayama, yoga also teaches the science of mudra, which aids in the physical body to a great extent. There is a couple of yoga mudra which improve overall skin health.
1. Varun Mudra: This is the best yoga mudra for acne and pimples. Apart from this mudra brings suppleness to the skin making it look perfect.
- Sit in Sukhasana with back straight.
- With a little finger, touch the thumb lightly.
- There is no prescribed time to this mudra.
This mudra balances the water in the body. Which in turn increases the circulation of the fluid in the body. This keeps the skin hydrated, avoiding it from drying and skin infections.
2. Prithvi Mudra: It is of utmost importance to balance the earth element in the body to get acne-free and glowing skin.
- Sit straight in sukhasana
- Touch the ring finger lightly with the thumb. Keeping the other fingers straight.
- Hold this mudra with normal breathing and full concentration.
Both these mudras can be practiced for 15 min in total to find the great difference in the body.
Acne and pimples are the most common problems faced by all. Though it is majorly faced by women or girls due to heavy hormonal changes. But even males face this problem.
Along with the regular practice of yoga techniques mentioned above, one should also take a good amount of liquid and healthy food. Taking care of the skin should not be ignored at any level.
Try these amazing yoga techniques and do let us know how you feel.