Terms and Conditions for all
students of The Yoga Institute
1. No Refund Policy
- The Yoga Institute has a no-refund policy for all its programmes. The only exception to this policy is in the event of a programme being cancelled by the Institute. In such an event, the student/participant will be offered a credit which can be utilised for any other programme of the Institute.
- In case a student/participant is forced to miss a programme due to medical reasons a full refund will be made, subject to supporting evidence from a registered medical practitioner.
- The decision with regards to refund lies with the Management of The Yoga Institute and will be final and binding.
- All information on our websites is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the Institute and any person or entity. Information on our official websites is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, The Yoga Institute makes no guarantees of any kind.
3. General Health Condition of students/participants
- Any health-related advice and suggestions should not be used for diagnosing purposes or be substituted for medical advice. Students/participants must always consult their own doctor or qualified health professional on any matters regarding their health.
- It is the sole responsibility of the students/participants to consult a physician prior to and regarding their participation in the programmes offered by The Yoga Institute.
- Our classes, by default and unless explicitly specified, are not suitable for pregnant students. If a participant is pregnant, and wish to participate in any programme they are necessarily required to discuss their options with Institute-designated personnel only.
- Students/participants are responsible for their own well-being during the class and are advised to practice at their own pace, understanding their limitations. The participants are required to inform their teacher if there have been any changes in their medical / health condition which might affect their participation.
- The Yoga Institute does not provide liability insurance for the protection of children, parents, visitors, or others who may participate in any of our programmes.
- In consideration for their participation in any programme, the students/participants do hereby release and forever discharge The Yoga Institute and its directors, teachers, office bearers and employees, jointly and severally from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in any of our programmes. This release extends and applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected injuries, damages, loss and liability and the consequences thereof, as well as those now disclosed and known to exist.
5. No representations or warranties
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not represent, warrant, undertake or guarantee:
- that you will not suffer from any injury arising directly or indirectly out of our yoga classes;
- that your fitness will measurably improve as a result of participation in our yoga classes; or
- that the yoga classes will continue to run for any specific period
6. Reference and Reading Material
- Students/participants may be given handouts, notes and reading material during their participation in our programmes. This for the personal use of the participants only and cannot be circulated, distributed, printed, exploited, exhibited, transmitted, reproduced, broadcast, adapted or posted in any public domain without the explicit written permission of the Institute.
Code of conduct
Students/participants are required to be decently and appropriately dressed. Tight body-hugging clothes, short tops, shorts, capris, tank tops, low cut shirts, short and sleeveless T-shirts, etc. are not allowed. Ideally, students are expected to be attired in comfortable, loose-fitting trousers, track pants, sleeved T-shirts, shirts, salwar-kameez, kurta-pyjama.
- Students/participants shall treat all (teachers, staff and volunteers) with due courtesy at all times. Service of the staff shall NOT be utilized for private or personal work. No tips in cash or kind should be given to the staff of the Institute.
- Apart from the food served in the Institute, no outside food is allowed to be brought into the premises, except fruits and home-cooked vegetarian meals. Such food can be consumed in the designated area only and not anywhere else. Eating in class is strictly prohibited
- Loitering outside during class hours is not allowed
- Smoking, drinking of alcohol or use of illicit drugs is strictly prohibited in the Institute premises.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING WRITTEN EARLIER, THE RIGHT OF REJECTION OR, TERMINATION FROM THE COURSE, SOLELY RESTS WITH THE MANAGEMENT OF THE INSTITUTE.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
I ALSO CONFIRM THAT
- I am participating in the programme of The Yoga Institute and I hereby take full and sole responsibility from any liability of loss or damage to personal property associated with the programme or any other events.
- If I am pregnant, I understand that I participate fully at my own risk and that of my unborn child/children.
- In submitting the registration form I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents.
- I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above under my own free will.