17 Oct Diwali Special -Dates & Pistachios delights
Diwali Special -Dates & Pistachios delights
Tingle your taste buds with scrumptious sattvik yoga recipe this Diwali season. Dates are rich in natural sugars (glucose, sucrose, and fructose.) Also, they contain ample of vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, iron these promote and govern the health of the nervous system and take care of healthy bones and teeth. Culturally best source used during fasting and religious ceremonies since they help to keep up the energy levels. Dates have natural fibre, and this does wonders for your digestive system and peristaltic movement of the Gastro-Intestinal Tract.
Total Preparation Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Dates (khajoor): 500 g – (soft, de-seeded) NOTE: Depending on the variety of the dates taken the taste and colour will vary.
- Condensed Milk (unsweetened): 250 ml
- Almonds: 50 g (lightly roasted and coarsely grounded)
- Cashews: 50 g (lightly roasted and coarsely grounded)
- Green pistachios: 150 g (lightly roasted and coarsely grounded)
- Cardamom powder: 5 g
- Ghee or clarified butter: 3 tbsp
- Khus-khus seeds (poppy seeds) or Sesame seeds: 5 g (Optional)
Method: how to make Dates & Pistachios delights
- Break or chop dates coarsely.
- In a cooking pan (heavy-bottomed), add condensed milk and cook on low flame.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it becomes thick in consistency
- Now slowly start adding all the dry fruits
- Add cardamom powder
- Remove from the flame and stir for two more minutes
- Grease a thali with ghee and transfer the mixture to it. Pat it flat with a spoon to a thickness of about 2-cm.
- Cool till slightly warm.
- Apply ghee over it.
- Add a layer of Khus-Khus or Sesame seeds (Optional).
- Mark sections neatly, cutting 1-inchx1-inch pieces.
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Pack into layers, interspersed with greaseproof paper.
Tip: You can even give these tasty treats small ladoo shape or cut into rolls. Wrap in colourful butter paper. Add a little creativity and personal Satvik touch and instead of traditional Diwali mithai try gifting out these healthy low-calorie sweet treats.
Check out latest offering one-day Meditation Camp-Simple yogic guidelines, asana, kriyas, pranayamas etc. are offered in this meditation camp to see how meditation can lead to a meditative state the whole day aiding better efficiency in work, wellness, life and living.