04 Nov Glowing Skin
Who doesn’t want healthy, clear, and glowing skin? With ‘no-makeup makeup’ looks trending in society, along with highlighters and other products, glowing skin has become an external concept. However, your skin can actually look like that without any products or external factors as such.
More than the external beauty, it is something that is skin deep and comes from within. Right from what you eat, to what you think, to how many hours do you sleep, everything plays an important role in determining the health and glow of your skin. When a person is happy, joyful, and positive from the inside, it is automatically going to radiate on the face. Your outer self is only a reflection of what goes inside. This is exactly where Yoga comes into the picture, to help you get a natural and healthy glow from the inside.
Causes for not having glowing skin:
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Unhealthy food choices
- Improper digestion
- Constant tensions
Yogic techniques for glowing skin:
- Matsyasana: This asana helps to make the skin firm and clear as it sends the blood flow towards the head.
- Sarvangasana: This asana is an inversion that again sends the blood flow towards the head, thereby improving the blood circulation in the face region.
- Kapalbhati: As the name suggests, it helps to brighten your forehead. With each exhalation, it throws out all the impurities out of the nostril, thereby cleaning your nasal passage and sinuses.
- Dhyaan: A regular practice of meditation helps to radiate from inside out.
- Kapal Randra Dhauti and Karna Randra Dhauti: Both these practices improve the blood circulation in the face region, as it massages the skin in an upward direction.
Face packs to get glowing skin:
1. Turmeric and Besan Glow:
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is also known for its skin brightening effects. Besan is a good exfoliant and helps in maintaining the pH balance of your skin.
1 tbsp – rose water (you can also replace this with milk)
1/2 tbsp – turmeric powder
1 tbsp besan
Mix both the ingredients together to make a thick paste.
Apply on the face and neck, and leave it for 20 minutes.
Wash it off with water.
2. Rice flour and sandalwood face pack:
This slightly coarse pack helps to remove the dead skin cells from your skin and brighten it. Sandalwood oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. This may potentially help in brightening the face due to UV damage.
1 tbsp – rice flour
1/2 tbsp sandalwood powder
1 tbsp – rose water
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
Apply this paste on your face and massage for 5 minutes.
Wash it off once it dries off.
Every skin is beautiful, all you have to do is try to remain happy from the inside and let the glow reflect on the outside, naturally. Let your joy reflect in all your actions, and your skin will also thank you for that. Beauty is truly, inside out. So smile and flow from the inside, and it will definitely reflect on the outside – on your skin as well as your life.