27 Dec Grand Centennial Celebrations -100 Years of The Yoga Institute
Grand Centennial Celebrations -100 Years of The Yoga Institute
To mark the momentous journey –“Harmony Fest” a two-day celebration of Yoga Institute’s 100 years of transforming has been organised.
Every year of transforming lives, calls for a celebration. The 100th year of our existence, calls for celebrations on a grander scale. To mark this significant milestone, The Yoga Institute family has planned a grand celebration on December 28th and 29th, 2018 in MMRDA grounds, Mumbai. His Excellency, Shri Ramnath Kovind, The President of India, is joining us for this historic occasion.
This open-to-all free event is being held to bring about harmony and balance in the lives of people across India. The two days will see a host of health and wellness, including 20 hours of Yoga, panel discussions, workshops, mentorship and guidance talks, higher and novice learning programmes, food stalls, and marketplace for sustainable goods, art and musical performances.
Lead Speakers- The event will be graced by some special dignitaries who are known for their spectacular contributions in the world of yoga, health, spiritual transformation and good living.
Extraordinary Dignitaries list is as follows-
- Shri Ram Nath Kovind – President of India
- Shri C. Vidyasagar Rao – Governor of Maharashtra
- Shri Devendra Fadnavis – Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- Hansaji Yogendra
- Chidanand Saraswati
- Lokesh Muni
- Gaur Gopal Das
- Sadhvi Bhagwati Saraswati
Good Food Exhibition
Healthy food can be yummy too and the good food exhibition is all set to prove that! The idea of the food exhibition is to make people aware about the healthy options available when it comes to food. It will be an initiative to make people acquainted with the fact that healthy options for food are as easily available as the processed and packaged ones.
Star Chefs studded event will see-
Chef Ranveer Brar- Ranveer Brar is an Indian chef, TV show host, judge and food stylist. He will share his special recipes
Chef Pankaj Bhadouria- MasterChef India Winner, Winner of Outlook Social Media, Award OSM Kitchen King/Queen of the Year Award by Outlook Magazine, Felicitated by the Honourable President of India, Shri R. N. Kovind as ‘First Ladies’ – an award given by the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Govt. of India. Will show her expertise in special class event.
Other simultaneously food concepts will include-
Farmers’ Market- With the aim of bringing fresh produce from the farms, straight to your homes, this organic farmers market will offer awareness for clean eating along with de-contaminated, de-coloured, and chemical free organic vegetables, fruits and grains- the healthiest of the lot!
Panel Discussions- These sessions will not only re-iterate the Importance of Yoga in today’s day and age, but will also bring together world renowned Yogis, spiritual leaders, & life coaches. Talks and panel discussions will follow and the part played by Yoga in transforming lives will be discussed in-depth.
Yogi Sessions and Special Workshops
Gaur Gopal Das-Yoga is an art of perfect health. The most renowned Yogis will come together and have exclusive sessions for the attendees. Attendees will get to experience the best of Yoga from the most respected teachers in the field, LIVE!
Visitors will be able to get guidance from Rujuta Diwekar. She is the Winner of the ‘Nutrition Award’ from Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Rujuta is India’s leading sports science and nutrition expert.
Free Yoga workshops
We have designed special workshops for all sundry and sundry in-order to live a balanced life. The idea is to make people aware about self and how instead of looking for happiness and contentment outside, one must look within to find it.
Also TYI promotes Yoga for Householder- therefore in whatever phase, time age you are in, yoga and better living will help you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Meditation pods to relax and unwind- We hope these pods will help people unwind and bond with their own selves while taking a much deserved break from the hustle-bustle of their lives.
Symphony Stage & Musical bands
Select musical performances by renowned musicians and bands on the ‘HARMONY STAGE’
- Rekha Bhardwaj Famous Bollywood singer and live performer.
- Shankar Mahadevan earned his first award as a playback singer in a Tamil movie, collaborating with A. R. Rahman and winning a National Film Award for his song in Kandukondain Kandukondain.
- Dharavi Reloaded A bunch of talented, cool kids making music using drums that are used to store water, cans, sticks, glass bottles, metal caps, and what not.
- Flamenco Kathaa A blend of the two disciplines in their pure and collaborative form, foot tapping being the crux of both styles they seamlessly overlap creating rhythm for the TYI celebration is something to watch out for
- Kabir Café KC strive to present the poetry of Kabir in a musically interesting fashion that will appeal to all.
- Prem Joshua and his international band.
- Indian Ocean – the pioneers of the fusion rock genre that will attract the youth and yoga enthusiasts alike.
TYI was founded on 25th December, 1918 by the founder, Shri Yogendraji. It found a permanent base in Santacruz, Mumbai, in 1948. Spread over one acre of land amidst nature, with three buildings dedicated to Yogic activities, this non-profit organisation has been running on its own strength for 100 years now. Thousands of people visit the Institute every day for training, and health consultations. Shri Yogendraji, Mother Sita , Dr. Jayadeva Yogendra and Dr. Hansaji Yogendra have invaluably contributed to the holistic development of yoga for the householders.
Amongst many milestones noteworthy are
- The Yoga Institute received the Prime Minister’s Award for outstanding contribution for promotion and development of Yoga in the year 2018, by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
- The Yoga Institute is the country’s first yoga school to be certified by the Quality Council of India, Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. The award was given by Hon. Loksabha speaker Smt. Sumitra Mahajan to Smt. Hansaji Yogendra.
- 55,118 professionally trained yoga teachers in over 120 countries across the world have been spreading the goodness of yoga and promoting holistic health to millions of lives, both locally and globally.
- Shri Yogendraji’s books about yoga are preserved in the Crypt of Civilization at Oglethorpe University, USA to be opened in the year 8113. The Yoga Institute’s teachings are secured in the oldest and the largest millennial time capsule in the world.
- Smt Hansaji is the only woman yoga guru to be invited by Hon. Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi to share the stage alongside, at the first IDY
A dynamic and charismatic personality, Dr. Hansaji is the present Director of The Yoga Institute. She has dedicated her life to the running of the Institute and to teaching yoga as a way of life in a completely practical way.