20 Jan How to get rid of uneven skin tone with some home remedies
The uneven colouration and texture of the skin is generally due to disturbances in melanin production. Many factors play a vital role in causing these unusual changes; age, hereditary, acne, scarring, hormonal changes, medication, and overexposure to sun and pollutants.
Flawless and even texture of skin is every individual’s dream. But many times, we struggle. We have put together a few quick tips and tricks to make your skin glow with health.
- Eat right & Sleep tight
Proper nutrition and restful sleep are needed to even out the skin tone and to keep it healthy. Increase your intake of unprocessed foods, fruits and vegetables like guava, pineapple, papaya, broccoli, whole grains, wheat pasta, and other foods rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen. Collagen helps to keep your skin firm, elastic and supple. Also facilitates a wrinkle-free and youthful glow of the skin. Consume foods rich in vitamin E such as Almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds etc. Vitamin E helps to reduce UV effects and skin pigmentation due to overexposure to the sun.
Eight hours of restful sleep is a must to take care of the skin tone. Proper rest ensures wear-and-tear of the skin is dealt with adequately.
- Yogic Facial Massage
This is an invigorating yogic facial massage, which stimulates more blood circulation to the face and gives a thorough cleanse. A very effective way to de-stress, relax the mind and prevent pre-mature wrinkles on the face.
- Clean your hands and ensure nails are cut and edges smooth. Using your forefingers massage your forehead with your fingers
- Massage the area below your eyes along the cheekbones and in a semi-circular motion using fore and middle fingers.
- Massage your cheeks in an upward direction.
- Massage the sides of your face front and behind your ears back and forth.
- Look upwards and massage your neck with upward strokes.
- Better blood circulation to the face
- Facial muscles will be relaxed, and the face will be glowing
- Impurities will be better eliminated.
- Pre-mature wrinkles and pollutions effects will be removed.
- Great way to de-stress from routinely working on laptop, smartphones, Iphones,
- Yoga Asanas
Get active to get to an even-toned skin. It’s no secret that excising everyday help to keep the stress in check and better detoxification is possible. Try all forward bending asanas helps the facial region’s blood flow, making it shine with health example- Hastapadasana, Yoga Mudra, Paschimottanasana, etc. Watch Video for more such asanas that help for an even-toned skin and better glow.
- Removal of dead skin cells or Exfoliation a quick 10-minute recipe
Add a teaspoon of sugar, few drops of coconut oil and half teaspoon fresh lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your face. Leave it for 10 minutes. Wash with cold water. Pat dry your skin. Do not rub vigorously. Lemon helps to brighten the skin colour, while sugar removes the dead skin cells and coconut oil soothe the skin.
Also, if Aloe Vera gel is available to apply on skin, leave for 10 minutes and wash with water. Pat dry the face. Aloe Vera gel is good at hydrating the skin and helps in skin repair. Useful if you have minor skin burns and inflammations.
Sun exposure is good for the skin. Skin absorbs the sunlight and helps in generating Vitamin D. Try to limit your time in the sun and avoid harsh sun rays. Early morning sun or evening sun fifteen to twenty minutes is sufficient.
I hope these tips were helpful. Do share your experiences on How to get rid of uneven skin tone with some of your home remedies.