25 Nov Reduce arm fat- Yogic Tips
Reduce arm fat- Yogic Tips
This wedding season traditional saree and sleeveless blouse are in vogue. But how often we notice or become conscious of the fact that the arms are not toned and losing shape. Also as we age gravity does its trick, and we have arm flaps! But to get rid of arm fat or flap is simple and easy and can be done from the comfort of your own home.
Yogis by way of observing nature devised simple yet effective asanas that take care of the problem at its root. Yoga is a gentle form of exercise; it promotes overall harmony, health and well-being of the mind, body and spirit level.
Causes of Arm flap and accumulation of arm fat
Lack of physical exercise, sedentary lifestyle and proper diet are two main reasons why fat deposits are faster in the arms. Other causes include growing age, gravity and decreased metabolism. All these factors make it impossible to burn calories efficiently and tendency to accumulate fats in arms is higher.
Reduce Arm Fats doing these simple Sahajbhava Asanas – It can be easily done anytime and anywhere yoga. Stretching helps to tone the arm muscles and reduces stored fats. Do it in the bed or when in the office or after finishing your office report.
- Clasp the hands in front of the chest; intertwining the fingers and palms facing the chest.
- Inhaling, stretch them outwards, parallel to the floor.
- Exhaling, bring them close to the chest.
- Same as Variation 1, except that in step 2, while stretching the hands, turn the palms out, away from the chest.
- Clasp the hands above the head; intertwining the fingers and palms facing down.
- Inhaling, stretch them upwards, straightening the elbows.
- Exhaling, bring them down towards the head, bending the elbows.
- Keeping the hands straight, clasp the hands at the back; intertwining the fingers.
- Inhaling, raise the arms upwards, as far as possible, keeping the trunk straight.
- Exhaling, relax and bring the hands down.
- Take both hands behind and join the palms (fingers pointing up) to form a Namaskara Mudra at the back.
- Maintain the pose for 5 seconds; breath normally.
- Take the right hand up; fold it to let the palm fall behind the neck, elbow pointing upwards.
- Now take the left hand behind and fold it to clasp the fingers of the right hand.
- Practice both sides alternately; breath normally.
- Interlace the finger at the back of the neck, elbows pointing out in front.
- Inhaling, move the elbows towards their respective sides; exhaling, bring them back to the front.
Recommended Yoga asanas for reducing arm fats
- Parvatasana (Mountain Pose)
- Talasana (Palm Tree Pose) watch video for details click here
- Yastikasana (Stick Pose) watch video for details click here
- Lolasana (Swing Pose)
- Kakasana (Crow Pose)
Lolasana and kakasana are advanced poses and should be performed under the guidance of experienced Yoga teachers.
Yoga asana benefits:
- Strengthens wrists
- Tones arms
- Develops arm strength and muscles
- Reduces arm fats
Contraindications: Wrist injuries, Shoulder pain, Neck problems
So why wait any longer get into a healthy routine with ease to do asanas. This festive season try out these simple stretches (Sahajbhava Asanas) or recommended yoga asana and get your arms in shape. Celebrate life and living with yoga.
Yoga deals with obesity at all levels- physical, mental, spiritual along with diet. Keeping all these in mind, The Yoga Institute has designed a special 1-day camp on Weight Management. The camp includes Asanas, Pranayamas, Kriyas, interactive sessions with Smt Hansaji, talks by specialists, health counselling, yogic concepts, low-calorie diet recipes, etc. Click here for details