21 Dec Replace Your Cup of Regular Tea with Healthy Herbal Tea
Replace Your Cup of Regular Tea with Healthy Herbal Tea
As the temperature dips, the urge to sip a cup of tea rises! Irrespective of the weather, most of us reach out for some warm beverage early morning or half way through the day when our energy levels are slightly low. A hot cup of chai aka regular India tea, made from some of the finest premium blend of teas, is much healthier alternative over the usual sodas, sugary juices, or sugar- and cream-loaded coffee. However this kind of tea also contains some percentage of caffeine, though much less than the cola and coffee. But those who care to detox and teatox or get a health boost should reach out for a steaming cup of herbal tea. This infusion of leaves and roots delivers many more benefits than a vitamin pill.
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 lemon grass leaves
- 4-5 mint leaves
- Little crushed ginger
- 1 cup milk (optional)
- Honey/sugar/jaggery (optional)
Boil water with lemon grass, mint leaves and ginger. Allow it to brew for a few minutes. Strain and its ready to drink. Milk and honey/sugar/jiggery can be added for additional flavor.
- Enhances digestion
- Relives congestion
- Cleanses and detoxifies system
- Lowers risk of cancer by fighting free radicals
- Lowers cholesterol level and reduces blood pressure
- Relaxes the muscles
- Boosts the immune system
- Treats nausea
- Boosts metabolism and burns fat
- Aids weight loss
- Promotes overall heart health
- Acts as a diuretic
- Cleansing properties of the herbal tea also helps to purify the liver, kidneys, bladder and pancreas and plays a key role in increasing blood circulation.
So now that you are aware of the amazing health benefits of drinking this delightful herbal tea, substitute it for your chai and don’t forget to share your experience with us too.
A gentle word of caution, herbal teas may lower blood sugar levels.