02 Apr Sample 3
Yoga trends in 2018 have taken the world by storm. Thanks to initiatives of PM Narendra Modiji and Stalwarts like the Yogendra’s and The Yoga Institute (TYI) established in 1918. Yoga is at the centre stage, and the world is taking a note. We are the pioneers of Ashtanga Yoga or the Classical Yoga for the common man and the householders. For more than five decades under the astute leadership and guidance of Dr. Hansaji Yogendra spreading the goodness of Yoga both locally and globally.
Know More about The Yoga Institute
Check Our Social Initiatives
Classical Yoga of Sage Patanjali has eight limbs, and the Institute innovation is regarding the Bhavas infusion making is easily accessible to the common man and the householders who can infuse them in daily life.
The 8 Limbs of Classical Yoga suits all types of learners, and it has a foundation built on strong values and holds answers to most of our problems in daily life and how to overcome them.
Yamas – Restraints for moral disciplines to achieve a higher state of consciousness. These are the basics where one can start. Although difficult, it’s a start.
- Ahiṃsa (अहिंसा) – First or primary is nonviolence or non-harming other beings.
- Satya (सत्य) – Honesty or truthfulness in everything you do.
- Asteya (अस्तेय) – Not taking anything that does not belong to you or non-stealing.
- Brahmacharya (ब्रह्मचर्य) – Chastity or for the common householder it means moderation in everything you do.
- Aparigraha (अपरिग्रहः) – So collecting things, money, possessions, unwanted thoughts etc. non-avarice, non-possessiveness.
Niyama – Observances or Positive attitudes and duties.
- Shaucha (सौच) – Self-Purification – Positive attitude and thinking refines the consciousness
- Santosha (संतोष)- Contentment – Satisfaction in life in important
- Tapas (तप्)- Self-Discipline – To achieve anything in life discipline is a must
- Svadhyaya (स्वाध्याय) -Self-Study –Be the change you want to see in the world
- Ishvara Pranidhana (ईश्वर- प्रणिधान) – Self-Surrender to higher consciousness
Asana – Postures or Yoga Poses- Often most people equate Yoga to asanas, but they are a small part of this holistic subject.
Pranayama – “Pran” mean bio-energy and “Ayama” mean control of that bio-energy flow into our system through various breathing techniques.
Pratyahara – Controlling the Senses it is the connecting bridge between “Bahiranga Yoga” and “Antaranga Yoga” by withdrawing the senses and turning inwards.
Dharana – Short term concentration it is comparative to continuous streams of drops of water from a tap.
Dhyana – Long-term concentration or Meditative absorption comparative to the honey flowing out of a jar.
Samadhi – Achieving a higher state of consciousness or Blissful enlightenment. This is the ultimate goal, and very few can even claim of coming close to realising it!
This is a small glimpse of the colossal Yoga subject the challenge lies in doing it in daily life. But persistence is the key to success and watch out for this happening Yoga trends in 2018. Take a step closer to knowing yourself before you proceed to try and understand the people and world around you. Yoga is an ancient gift of art and science of living well in harmony. Perhaps it is quintessentially the only feasible gateway that can bridge the gap and avert conflicts between people and nations.
Read more on our latest offerings – https://theyogainstitute.org