06 Mar Yoga and Anti-Aging
Classical Yoga is an experiential science that genuinely connects and harmonises the body, the mind, and the breath. These three vital components when channelized can help bid adieu to pre-mature aging and wrinkles for a salubrious way of living.
Dr. Hansaji- “Yoga is anti-aging. For a healthy youthful life, one must try to make a conscious effort to live life diligently, cultivate a hobby that makes you feel relaxed and happy. Right choices and eating habits are important. Keep yourself active and productive as much possible. Yoga philosophy is Ambrosia for youthful life and living. Yoga aids the expulsion of toxins from mind, body, and emotion by living yoga way of life. Awareness and vigilance of choices in life is the key. The art of relaxation and continence in all areas of one’s life is a sure-fire method of gaining not just a glowing face but also a glowing inner self.”
Yoga Elixir for a Youthful life
Facial Yoga is a non-evasive and simple solution to turn back the clock and tone the mien. Yoga is the ultimate elixir for a youthful life. Yogic facial exercises help to increase the blood circulation and oxygenation to the facial region which aids the cleansing, detoxification process and brings about a natural glow to the face. Anytime and anywhere Facial Yoga – Intrigued? Read on to hone-in the benefits of simple Yoga face exercises for a youthful appearance and glowing skin naturally.
Reduces dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes:
Drink warm or room temperature water till mouth is full. Hold this water in your mouth as long as you can. Your mouth will begin to feel heavy in about half a minute. Continue for at least two minutes if you can. Spit out the water slowly. Avoid gargling immediately. Relax the mouth.
Reduce laugh lines:
Inhaling pout your lips and extend them. Open your mouth as you exhale. Repeat this practice of pouting and opening the mouth four to five times.
Shape the Jawline:
Open your mouth as wide as you can and move your lower jaw in and out slowly and from one side to the other for four to five times.
Tone the facial muscles:
As you inhale pout your lips and take them to the right. Hold the breath and the position for a count of 6. Exhaling- return to the center. Repeat on the other side. Now quickly move your lips from side to side about four to five times.
Tone the sagging neckline – (Roaring lion pose):
Open your mouth wide, stick out your tongue and move it from side to side. You can sit in the way shown in the picture.
Today, emerging as a popular trend Yoga is a priceless gift from ancient India to the world. So why to think of expensive chemical treatments; banish those pre-mature wrinkles, sagging and dull skin with these simple anti-aging facial Yoga exercises.
Try today and feel the difference.
Practical Effective tips :
- Eat right to age graciously – Aharveda wisdom offers a complete diet, rich in nutrients and foods that are high in prana or life force and helps to increase the body’s vitality and immunity level. Avoid refined sugars, stale foods, reheated foods, processed foods, and packaged foods. Avoid carbonated drinks.
- Eat ample of green leafy vegetables like spinach, food that is rich in fiber. They aid digestion. Think global and eat local.
- Water and Vitamin rich carrots, radish, and cucumber keep your skin fresh and hydrated.
- Drinking Kada-a concoction of neem and holy basil leaves purify the blood and keep the skin clean and clear.
Lifestyle tips to stay young:
- “Early to bed and early to rise keeps an individual healthy, wealthy and wise.” Switch off all your devices and mobiles by ten in the night. Go to bed early and get up early. Exercise -Yoga is a gentle form of exercise that suits all.
- Drink ample water to stay hydrated. Water also flushes out the toxins and renders a natural glow to the face.
- During your sedentary work hours, take regular breaks to stretch your arms and legs to improve blood circulation and prevent stiffness.
- Rest your eyes during long hours of computer and mobile phone use.
- Restful sleep of 6-8 hours is a must.
Recommended Asana and Pranayamas:
All asanas keep you in shape and help to keep the body fit and flexible. For example- Surya Namaskar, Parvatasana, Yastikasana, Talasana, Paschimottanasana, Vakrasana, Halasana, Matsyasana etc.
Pranayamas – Yogendra Pranayama I, II, III and IV; AnulomVilom Pranayama
We cannot defy aging forever but certainly, we can slow down its progress by taking precautions and adopting a holistic yoga way of life.