17 Sep Yoga & Glowing Skin
To wake up to a radiant skin every day you will need more than just the beauty sleep! We all have at some point in our lives have tried and tested home remedies and different diets for glowing skin, especially during the festive season for those perfect selfies. But not necessary they all work. Plus, synthetic products can be harsh on the skin and the side effects end up causing more harm than good.
It’s no hidden fact that skincare problems worry all. So if you have questions such as
Will Yoga make my face glow?
Which Yoga is best for glowing face and fair complexion? or
Which Pranayama is best for glowing skin and skincare? and more, read on as we bring you some exclusive skincare tips which if you follow, will help you achieve a naturally glowing and radiant skin:
- A unique universal solvent, water is the best remedy of all and the right intake throughout the day is the best way to keep oneself hydrated.
- Other than water other liquids such as buttermilk, lemon, honey, and lime water or even natural fruit/vegetables like strawberries, cucumber, coarsely crushed mint leaves or lemon slices added to water have essential minerals that will benefit the skin.
- The experts recommend that one should ideally drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of any liquid daily. This will not only help you rejuvenate but prevent your skin from turning dull and flaky.
- Rich in antioxidants and low in spices, a Sattvik diet is a blessing for one’s skin. Including fresh seasonal fruits, nuts, and vegetables such as spinach, methi, green tea, etc. is a great way to detox and reduce skin inflammations.
- Omega 3 rich foods like flax seeds, olive oil, nuts, etc. should also be included in moderate amount in your daily diet. Along with this, drinking vegetable & fruits juices and green tea removes toxins and free-radicals from the body.
- A healthy and active body inadvertently leads to radiant skin. When we exercise, we tend to sweat which is one of the best ways to detox and help our skin breathe better, naturally.
Asanas such as Pavanamuktasana. and Hastapadasana keeps the digestive system in shape. Also, all forward bending Asanas like Yoga Mudra, Paschimottanasana bring blood circulation to the head region, thereby improving the skin glow.
- Anulom-Vilom or alternating breathing exercise helps to balance the nadis. This is an excellent way to de-stress and add a youthful glow to your skin.
- Vaman Dhauti Kriya is a natural way to detox and cleanses the entire system. It also removes excess heat from the body and is preventive against acne.
- Jala Neti and Kapal Bhati are also some of the effective ways to achieve youthful and dreamy skin glow. (Process linked both blogs are there on the website)
So be it acne, dullness, inflammation or any other problems, Yoga is a preventive science that’ll help you take care of yourself and your skin. Last but not least, laughter is the best medicine to age graciously and have glowing skin. So smile heartily and be happy!